What is High Pressure Laminate (HPL)?
HPL is a decorative surface which composes of a resin impregnated kraft paper creating rigidity, a decorative paper to display the design of the laminate, and a clear melamine overlay on top for protection. All of these components are bonded together using high pressure and heat. Once created, the HPL can be bonded to a substrate such as plywood, particle board, or MDF with ease using contact cement/adhesive.
How do I select a thickness?
The thickness of HPL you need depends on your application. Please find the description for both thicknesses below:
- Vertical Grade: Vertical Grade laminates are the choice for surfacing cabinet walls, doors and drawer panels. A couple examples of applications are vertical surfaces of desks and restaurant booths. Vertical Grade laminates are made to also be functional, durable, and decorative, but generally are used where the surface must absorb somewhat less impact than a comparable horizontal surface and serve mostly as architectural cladding.
- Postforming Grade: Postforming Grade laminates are used mainly for horizontal surfaces such as kitchen countertops, bathroom vanities, islands, desk tops and table tops. Postforming Grade is thicker than Vertical Grade laminates which gives the sheet more wear and tear capability.
When will I receive my laminate?
Pionite laminates are purchased once a week from a southeastern fulfillment warehouse that runs a cycle truck to our warehouse in Orlando, FL to ship out to you. The days we order from Pionite’s warehouse are below:
- Friday, 11 AM EST cutoff; cycle truck delivery to our warehouse two to four weeks after placing order with factory.
Please keep in mind these are estimates and cannot be guaranteed. We are at the will of Pionite’s fulfillment schedule and late shipments are not likely but possible when factors are out of our control.
We do have the ability to expedite from their warehouse to ours via Fedex/Courier. If you need your laminate in a tight time frame, please contact us via phone at (321) 300-4854 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I return this laminate?
Pionite laminate orders are not able to be returned or cancelled if already placed with Nevamar for cycle truck delivery. Please keep this in mind when choosing quantity, size, etc. Also keep in mind when orders are placed for the cycle truck.
- Sheet Size: 4x8
- Manufacturer Grade Code: F28
- Manufacturer Grade: Vertical Grade
- Sheet Thickness: .028" (.7mm)
- Thickness Details: Type F28 is designed for applications where impact resistance is less critical. Type F28 can also be postformed.
- Laminate Finish: Suede (-SD)