Payment & Security. Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
What is High Pressure Laminate (HPL)?
HPL is a decorative surface which composes of a resin impregnated kraft paper creating rigidity, a decorative paper to display the design of the laminate, and a clear melamine overlay on top for protection. All of these components are bonded together using high pressure and heat. Once created, the HPL can be bonded to a substrate such as plywood, particle board, or MDF with ease using contact cement/adhesive.
How do I select a thickness?
The thickness of HPL you need depends on your application. Please find the description for both thicknesses below:
- Vertical Grade: Vertical Grade laminates are the choice for surfacing cabinet walls, doors and drawer panels. A couple examples of applications are vertical surfaces of desks and restaurant booths. Vertical Grade laminates are made to also be functional, durable, and decorative, but generally are used where the surface must absorb somewhat less impact than a comparable horizontal surface and serve mostly as architectural cladding.
- Postforming Grade: Postforming Grade laminates are used mainly for horizontal surfaces such as kitchen countertops, bathroom vanities, islands, desk tops and table tops. Postforming Grade is thicker than Vertical Grade laminates which gives the sheet more wear and tear capability.
When will I receive my laminate?
Formica laminates are held locally in our region and can leave same day or next day depending on availability. If stock is available to ship same day, the order must be placed by 11 AM EST for it to be ready for the carrier to pick up.
If stock is not available in the local warehouses, the order will need to be fulfilled from the southeastern Formica fulfillment warehouse. This process typically takes 5-7 business days for delivery to our warehouse which we then turn around to ship to you. If no stock is found in this warehouse, the laminate will need to be manufactured and can take three weeks for fulfillment. To verify quantities before ordering, please give us a call at (321) 300-4854 or leave an email message at email@example.com.
Can I return this laminate?
Formica laminate can be returned if it qualifies all our return conditions. Please see our return policy by clicking this link and navigating to the Returns & Refunds section on the page.
- Sheet Size: 4x8
- Manufacturer Grade Code: 20
- Manufacturer Grade: Vertical Grade
- Sheet Thickness: .027" (.7mm)
- Thickness Details: Vertical Postforming Grade (VGP) Outside and inside radii to 3/8"(9.5mm). A forming grade designed for vertical or light duty horizontal interior applications requiring radiused edges. Thinner than Grade 12; excellent for postformed radii. Installed panel width not to exceed 24" (609.6mm) maximum.
- Laminate Finish: Woodbrush (-WR)